Halo 4 - One hell of a Game


After Call of Duty, this is another game that gave me a sense of satisfaction once I completed the Campaign mode. From the first level to the last, I loved every bit of it. The beauty of this game lies in the Screenplay; Yes, I mean Screenplay and not the Gameplay which is equally awesome but I'll come to it later. We play as the Master Chief in the game, as was the case with the previous 3 instalments of Halo. We are accompanied by Cortana, an Artificial Intelligence make, throughout the game. The game revolves around Chief and Cortana. In all the games I have played, I was the protagonist. In this game though, I'd say Cortana is the key and we just accompany her to accomplish the tasks at hand. In fact, Cortana is the one who wakes us from cryonic sleep thereby initializing the game. Cortana is such an intelligent AI that I wonder can such things really exist in the future.


I have to say, Graphics in the game is absolutely awesome. To give a glimpse of the things to come, we are shown a complete space ship construction from a hill top view in the first level. It was really awe inspiring. I literally had goosebumps. It actually makes us yearn for more and to go on a unstoppable streak till the finish. The visual is so appealing and the impeccable sound adds more value to it. If graphics is fabulous, Gameplay is top-notch. I played the game with the easiest difficulty, but let me tell you it was difficult from Level 1; God help the gamers who opted higher difficulty. We get to see lot of new enemies which are difficult to kill. For some enemy AIs, we have to find and target its weak point or else we'd empty our ammo.

The game is not just shooting and killing. Strategy is very important or else we'd be playing the same sequence countless times only to die at some point. There was one level where I played the same sequence around 15 times before I could formulate a successful strategy and finish it. Apart from shooting, we also get to drive a lot of vehicles of which most of them are fictional. In a level close to the finish, we have to manoeuvre a  fighter jet through a maze like path. This is easily the toughest sequence in the game. It required complete hand-eye coordination and a lot of thinking in very less time. I was proud of myself after finishing it. Any gamer who finished 'Halo 4' has some serious talent.

Halo 4 is easily the best game I have played so far (sorry COD). To me, this is also the best Game of 2012. If you are a gamer, there is no excuse for not playing this game. For those of you wannabe gamers, it's high time you become one. Hats-off to Microsoft and most importantly the Developers for giving us a magnificent game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pick: The Pursuit of Happyness

My friend who knows everything

My first blog