Facebook is here to stay

Last week, one of my friends said that Facebook will be no more by sometime in March 2012. I heard a similar rumor last year. Incidentally, last friday, rumors from close sources to Facebook revealed that their IPO is imminent. This is certainly a big thing if true. Many investors were looking forward to this. Facebook already had other form of investments, like from Goldman Sachs. With IPO, Facebook will become virtually immortal as far as funds are concerned. Earlier, there were many questions raised about the privacy issues, phychological effects on users, the load on their servers which can crash anytime; Facebook has survived amidst all these fears.

I have a Facebook account which I mainly use to be in touch with my friends. So, basically I am seeing their lives even if not with them all the time. To me, this is the main reason for the success of Facebook - the undying interest to know what my friends are doing. Rumors are common with anything that is popular, but rumors like the 'end of Facebook' is just a poor attempt at joke. Facebook is here to stay and the next thing I am doing is to update my fb status with this post. ;)

The news about Facebook IPO can be accessed here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pick: The Pursuit of Happyness

My friend who knows everything

My first blog