Gameplay can't get better: Half-Life 2

I had not played Half-Life 2 when I thought Call of Duty had the best gameplay. Having said that, I am not taking anything away from Call of Duty; not even comparing as both are of different genres. Just that I liked this game almost as much as Call of Duty. Half-life 2 has very well designed graphics and awesome gameplay. I must say that one has to be too intelligent to finish the game without any help.

There were many occasions where I needed help, but somehow got myself out of the conundrum. For instance there is a place where I have to open a big door in the middle of the road so that I can take my bike through. There was a room that had one battery on the table - there were 2 more slots. I confirmed that this was connected to the door and figured out that I must find 2 more batteries and lay it on the empty slots to open the door. One battery was found outside, but nowhere could I find another one. There was a damaged car in a distance and guess what - found the battery inside car engine. This was it. I had a great sense of pride as if I had done something great in real-life; well, it doesn't matter as long as we are happy isn't it.

There was one place I could not find the solution to get through - I figured it out anyway; after all, why do we have internet for. May be if I had tried more, I could have found it by myself. The experience I had in the entire game was good. Being the hero in the game, I had a sophisticated feeling throughout. The rich look of the game environment added more value. There are places where we cannot control what happens in the game - that's the beauty of it. It added more flavour by being more challenging. The end was way over cool. I loved the way they related the end to the beginning. Enjoyed it all the way.

If you love challenges with excellent gameplay, this game is for you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pick: The Pursuit of Happyness

My friend who knows everything

My first blog