My Pick: The Pursuit of Happyness

One of my evergreen favourites. Will Smith all the way. His son Jaden Smith, wow, is a natural performer. Many memorable scenes like the one that has Will Smith and his son in railway station' restroom; it had me in tears. The way the screenplay has been handled is good; real story alright, but you have to convey it to the audience proper. Another scene I loved is the interview. Will Smith reaches late but tells them "Can I say something? Um, I'm the type of person that if you ask me a question and I don't know the answer, I'm gonna tell you that I don't know. But I bet you what, I know how to find the answer and I will find the answer" - I can relate myself to this dialogue.

Talking about inspirational dialogue, can anyone beat this "Don't ever let someone tell you, you can't do something. Not even me. You got a dream, you got to protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they want to tell you you can’t do it. You want something, go get it. Period. All right?" Wow. Let me not spoil it by reviewing it.

To me, the best part is the climax. He is selected for the job and comes out happily "This part of my life... this part right here. this is called happiness." Boy, his expressions were just awesome. It reminded me of how I felt when I got my first job. I have seen the climax a number of times, just for Will Smith. Chris Gardner must be very proud that Will Smith enacted his role. A must see movie not only because the story is realistic and talks about the hardships of life, also because it is a proof that hard work and dedication never fails.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My friend who knows everything

My first blog