My Computer Guru

This is about another close friend of mine to whom I will always remain grateful. Yes you got that right - I said grateful. It was in my college days that I got my first computer; had to put up with lot of issues like SMPS failure, virus, software issues and so on. During the first year I had warranty to cover any damage, software or hardware. I was very poor with computers and at the same time eager to learn.

It was after warranty period that the real problem started - system wouldn't connect to internet, will take ages to open a small text file, will not even boot up, blue screen errors (XP users will be used to this). For all these issues, I had one guy - my Godfather with respect to Computers; he'd solve any problem with computers. I used to call, or rather disturb him every now and then - never did he show disinterest nor was rude. One more friend very much unlike me. There were occasions that he'd come all the way, 13 kms, from his home to resolve the issue with my system. Would I have done the same thing for him - well, that's hypothetical isn't it!


Its been over 4 years that all these happened though it just feels like last week (great coincidence that I am right now listening 'kanna kanum kalangal' song which is about memories). For all that he has done for me, I have not done a thing in return - may be a mere thanks. I am happy that at least through this blog post, I can say how much I respect and admire him. I started this post to thank him, but now I feel I should not; I presume he'd prefer me not to thank him as he did everything for friendship. Wow, I am truly amazed - got many gentlemen around me. Some more posts will follow suit. Nothing can be taken away from this one which is for Ashok. Yes, my college mate who will always remain one of my best and unforgettable friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pick: The Pursuit of Happyness

My friend who knows everything

My first blog